The winner of their choice of cupcakes is...
I will be sending you a follow-up email with further details. Thank you everyone who submitted a comment. I am very excited about this new endeavor and value you thoughts, opinions, and insight.
Now on to new business.
As summer has come with a vengeance here in the valley, the best way to beat the heat is at the pool. Now we are EXTREMELY fortunate that my parents have a ginormous pool to entertain my children and I throughout the summer. It is a great way to spend many hours a day getting plenty of exercise, and enjoying the outdoors (away from the television). All you need is a suit, a towel, and a LOT of sunscreen...a nice hat is good too!
Now if you don't have a pool yourself or a close friend/relative there are always other places to get a nice cool down in the Fresno area.
- Community pools are available all around town. They are open from 1-5pm. Children up to 17 are $1 and ages 18 and over are $2. For more information about these parks check the link here.
- Wild Water Adventure Park is another great way to keep cool this summer. They have season passes starting at $49.99, and offer a day of water and shade!
- Island Water Park was voted Fresno's best water park last year. It has a wide variety of activities for the whole family. Their season passes start at $59.99.
- There are also plenty of splash parks throughout town. Open from 9am-9pm May 1-Oct. 31
- Dickey Park, 50 N. Calaveras on the northwest corner of Blackstone & Divisidero
- Todd Beamer Neighborhood Park - On the northwest corner of Maple & Plymouth.
- Figarden Loop Park - On the Figarden Loop of Figarden Drive, just N.north of the railroad tracks.
- Fashion Fair Mall Water Play Area - The Mall is on the south side of Shaw between Fresno and First. The water play area is on the north side of the mall, just south of the Cheesecake Factory.
- Rotary Playland's “Splash Junction” - Located on Belmont, just east of Highway 99. There is a $5 entry fee to the park.
Have a wonderful day, keep cool, and God bless!